Thursday, April 15, 2010

Thoughts on my latest 3 games- FarCry2, ...

Fable 2- really fun deep RPG and combat is very fun IMO. Some things are annoying, like when you're trying to express yourself to a certain NPC, everyone else walking around you seems to join in and start flirting with you as well which is rather annoying. I'd rather not be hit on by old guys or gypsies. Graphics are decent, facial animations are great and it is really an enchanting world to play in and you really feel like you're playing a fairy tale(lol..) Far Cry 2- Great game so far for me, I was convinced a few nights ago not to get it but I decided I'd give it a try anyway and I'm glad I did. there's a lot of fun elements to the game that add to the realism, such as milaria pills, health shots, GPS system/map, cellphone, FPS physics (sliding and climbing) and other cool gadgets. What really is awesome are the weapons and the damage you can do. Explosions are pretty sweet and satisfying. Cons for me are that the enemies are really hard to kill and there's a lot of driving to do to get to missions. Not always a bad thing because I think offroading is pretty sweet in this game along with the fact that you can still get out and kill the militia guard posts. Only played one online match and it was pretty good. Glad to see they got a good upgrade system for you're weapons, u still buy certian weapons with diamonds that you have earned. Also a ranking system. My beef with the online play was that the graphics were noticeable toned down and the framerate is iffy. Framerate almost always seems to be iffy though with Ubisoft games.Dead Space- I'm not going to get really into this but I'm not much of a horror fan in games and this is the first I've owned for the 360 (well i own dead rising if tht counts) and it's basically flawless for me. Have yet to experience a glitch. But have had a lot of scares and heart stoppers through the beginnign of the game (only played through Chapter 1) and I just know it will only get worse as the game goes on! Crap! Graphics are stunning and so is the environment. Thoughts on my latest 3 games- FarCry2, ...
I want Fable 2 really badly, but Ill probably have to wait till christmas to get Fable 2 and Fallout 3, and maybe Gears of War 2.Not too sure about Far Cry 2 though.Thoughts on my latest 3 games- FarCry2, ...
My thoughts on these 3 games so far:Fable 2 - :shock:Dead Space - :DFar Cry 2 - :)
[QUOTE=''Matt-4542'']I want Fable 2 really badly, but Ill probably have to wait till christmas to get Fable 2 and Fallout 3, and maybe Gears of War 2.Not too sure about Far Cry 2 though.[/QUOTE] It doesn't look like you have too many FPS's there, but I think Fallout 3 will be the best choice for you based on the latest games you've played (actually can't tell what that 4th one with the dragon is tho)the thing I like about Far Cry 2 is that you can either go in stealthy or you can just come with a grenade launcher or some molokotov cocktails and RPG's and blow everything up.It just gives you so many options to accomplish your missions.Fable 2 is really good I think, and I am not a fan of RPG's usually.
I'm currently on Chapter 8 on Dead Space, good game however I wish I would have just rented it now. Will start on Fable II %26 Far Cry 2 this weekend.
but I can admit that Fable 2 doesn't do anything innovative with the latest game. So its not like its a must buy in my mind.
[QUOTE=''MaddenBowler10''][QUOTE=''Matt-4542''] I want Fable 2 really badly, but Ill probably have to wait till christmas to get Fable 2 and Fallout 3, and maybe Gears of War 2.Not too sure about Far Cry 2 though.[/QUOTE] It doesn't look like you have too many FPS's there, but I think Fallout 3 will be the best choice for you based on the latest games you've played (actually can't tell what that 4th one with the dragon is tho)the thing I like about Far Cry 2 is that you can either go in stealthy or you can just come with a grenade launcher or some molokotov cocktails and RPG's and blow everything up.It just gives you so many options to accomplish your missions.Fable 2 is really good I think, and I am not a fan of RPG's usually. [/QUOTE] :lol: Those are all the games I have actually. The Dragon symbol is for Beowulf xP If I were you with Far Cry 2, I'd go in guns blazing and blowing **** up xP
I've only bought Dead Space so far and I absolutely loved it. I tried to get Fable II today, but they were all sold out! And I don't pre-order anymore. Mind you, this was only at my local EB Games, but I recently had jaw surgery, so I didn't want to drive around to look for it. As for Far Cry 2, I might wait a bit to pick that up.
Far Cry looks good, but I'm hesitant to get it simply because Gears 2 and COD:WaW are coming out so soon. I know masses of people will be getting those and playing them every minute they get, so any other shooters look like they will have much smaller communities. Since communities make the game good or bad online, I can't see Far Cry 2 being a big success against such huge competition.
[QUOTE=''Matt-4542''][QUOTE=''MaddenBowler10''][QUOTE=''Matt-4542''] I want Fable 2 really badly, but Ill probably have to wait till christmas to get Fable 2 and Fallout 3, and maybe Gears of War 2.Not too sure about Far Cry 2 though.[/QUOTE] It doesn't look like you have too many FPS's there, but I think Fallout 3 will be the best choice for you based on the latest games you've played (actually can't tell what that 4th one with the dragon is tho)the thing I like about Far Cry 2 is that you can either go in stealthy or you can just come with a grenade launcher or some molokotov cocktails and RPG's and blow everything up.It just gives you so many options to accomplish your missions.Fable 2 is really good I think, and I am not a fan of RPG's usually. [/QUOTE] :lol: Those are all the games I have actually. The Dragon symbol is for Beowulf xP If I were you with Far Cry 2, I'd go in guns blazing and blowing **** up xP[/QUOTE] lol! wow...def get fallout 3 then..
[QUOTE=''Avenger1324'']Far Cry looks good, but I'm hesitant to get it simply because Gears 2 and COD:WaW are coming out so soon. I know masses of people will be getting those and playing them every minute they get, so any other shooters look like they will have much smaller communities. Since communities make the game good or bad online, I can't see Far Cry 2 being a big success against such huge competition.[/QUOTE] far cry 2 is much different than those 2 games tho
btw what was funy is that i bought the last dead space copy they had until next shipment ALONG with Far Cry 2. I didn't preorder either, and I got the last copy of Far Cry 2 and teh guy at the counter was going to get it. but he decided to sell it to me, he was depressed. Gamecrazy is the best, and have the nicest employees.
[QUOTE=''MaddenBowler10''][QUOTE=''Matt-4542''][QUOTE=''MaddenBowler10''][QUOTE=''Matt-4542''] I want Fable 2 really badly, but Ill probably have to wait till christmas to get Fable 2 and Fallout 3, and maybe Gears of War 2.Not too sure about Far Cry 2 though.[/QUOTE] It doesn't look like you have too many FPS's there, but I think Fallout 3 will be the best choice for you based on the latest games you've played (actually can't tell what that 4th one with the dragon is tho)the thing I like about Far Cry 2 is that you can either go in stealthy or you can just come with a grenade launcher or some molokotov cocktails and RPG's and blow everything up.It just gives you so many options to accomplish your missions.Fable 2 is really good I think, and I am not a fan of RPG's usually. [/QUOTE] :lol: Those are all the games I have actually. The Dragon symbol is for Beowulf xP If I were you with Far Cry 2, I'd go in guns blazing and blowing **** up xP[/QUOTE] lol! wow...def get fallout 3 then.. [/QUOTE] Lol, I used to have more but since Im out of a job, I trade games to get new games but Im trying not to trade anymore xP
[QUOTE=''Matt-4542''][QUOTE=''MaddenBowler10''][QUOTE=''Matt-4542''][QUOTE=''MaddenBowler10''][QUOTE=''Matt-4542''] I want Fable 2 really badly, but Ill probably have to wait till christmas to get Fable 2 and Fallout 3, and maybe Gears of War 2.Not too sure about Far Cry 2 though.[/QUOTE] It doesn't look like you have too many FPS's there, but I think Fallout 3 will be the best choice for you based on the latest games you've played (actually can't tell what that 4th one with the dragon is tho)the thing I like about Far Cry 2 is that you can either go in stealthy or you can just come with a grenade launcher or some molokotov cocktails and RPG's and blow everything up.It just gives you so many options to accomplish your missions.Fable 2 is really good I think, and I am not a fan of RPG's usually. [/QUOTE] :lol: Those are all the games I have actually. The Dragon symbol is for Beowulf xP If I were you with Far Cry 2, I'd go in guns blazing and blowing **** up xP[/QUOTE] lol! wow...def get fallout 3 then.. [/QUOTE] Lol, I used to have more but since Im out of a job, I trade games to get new games but Im trying not to trade anymore xP[/QUOTE] its near impossible IMO, i traded in $40 worth of games and I also traded in my PSP i never used so I had $90 worth of trade ins for my last 3 games (dead space, far cry 2, fable 2) so I think I got good value out of it considering I was never playing my PSP ever and the used games were pointless to keep unless I'm collecting games..
I just got FarCry 2 today and I love it so far. The enemies can be a bit of a challenge but that's ok. I kind of like having to take my time and figure out how I want to take them out. I still havn't tried the multiplayer or played with the map editor. Although I mainly bought it for the map editor. I promised myself I would beat the story this time around because I never got around to it with instincts/predator. ''To much fun in the map editor and multiplayer'' :? I havn't tried the other games you mentioned but Dead Space looks pretty neat.
Fable 2 looks like a rent to me imo. I will prolly pick up Far Cry 2 but not sure wether i should wait till after Gears 2 and get it for Christmas or go for it next week
ill probably end up trading Dead Space back in so I could get Gears or Fallout or Saints Row 2 after i beat it with my friends, cuz its gonna be hard for me to play it again and again and get my money's worth out of it. its a great great game tho.

No comments:

Post a Comment