Tuesday, April 13, 2010

my xbox is going to break, so....

so, ive been playing fable 2 alot the last 2 days (and loving it!) and my xbox has frozen on me in several occaisions. i get this sound as if a little particle is moving around inside my xbox (hard to describe) and then i get the great, ''this disc is unreadable'' message. now, i know for a fact my disc is not dirty, and it is a hardware problem with my xbox. i have called the support and they wont fix it unless it gerts the RROD. It has been happening for a good year now, and is worse than ever now. i have to save literally every 10-15 minutes. it has F-ed me during rockband 5+ song setlists too...i have 2 options:1. wait untill it gets RROD, then send it in free warranty. 2. sell it, at EB toward a new xbox 360 (i would buy a new one first, so i could keep my harddrive)
-might get an elite, not sure though
-money really isnt an issue, depending how much i can get back for my other xbox 360what do you think? would it just be a waste of $? my xbox is going to break, so....
Send it to micosoft and get it fix. Then sell it and possibly get more money for it since it wont be broken, then buy the brand new elitethat's what i would do anyway my xbox is going to break, so....
MS should fix your 360 whether it has RROD or not. I'm on my third 360 now, when my second one broke it was due to the motherboard, not RROD. I can't remember exactly what combination of red lights it had on the ring but I told Support and they said they would send a UPS van to come and pick it up and take it away for repair. Try ringing them again and be more stern on the phone is all I can suggest, don't let them push you around.Good Luck!
Your DVD drive might be crapping out on you. As far as selling your 360 you won't get much for it, but seeing that it has a problem might as well just sell it to EB and get what you can. Or sell it to someone as-is on Craig's List.
Its Weird how they will not take your 360 unless it had the RROD buti live in UK and mine gets taken away everythime even if it doesnt have RROD so im not sure whats happening.
Mines been doing that forever, and yes it does sucks, but I'm not gonna send it away for 3 weeks so I don't have to save as often.
If you are going to sell it to EB/Gamestop (they are the same company) at least make sure it is completely broken first. Gamestop does not deserve working products.
You wont get that much more for the xbox, so dont count on it taking a huge chunk out of the Elite. If you do sell do not sell to gamestop, they will give you about a quarter of what you should be getting for it.
leave it on for awhile get the RROD micro will fix it for free
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
[QUOTE=''ineedafriendplz'']Send it to micosoft and get it fix. Then sell it and possibly get more money for it since it wont be broken, then buy the brand new elitethat's what i would do anyway [/QUOTE]why would you sell a fix 360 then buy a brand new 360?
Ive had the exact same problem as you, except my 360 actually destroyed my game (Halo 3). I phoned up MS and told them my problem. They then said I would have to pay 130 dollars or somthing to have it fixed. I said, broken is broken, it is still a broken system, Im not paying to fix your mistake. They said somthing along the lines of ''well you have to pay if you want it fixed.'' Now you tell them ''you can fix it for free with a busted disk drive, or you can fix it for free with a melted motherboard, because if you want red rings, you will get red rings''.At least this is what I told the person helping me. They fixed it for free, and I didnt even have to melt it :)
well the thing is i dont know if i want to break it myself, itll take me forever to get a new one (plus i just got fable/portal)i dunno ill call EB and see if i can get atleast 80-100 for it, if not, then F that.
Hi there. Please can you keep all topics relating to RRoD or what to do with broken 360s to the dedicated ''Broken 360 Discussion and Information Thread'', which is stickied in the forum. Many thanks. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment