Tuesday, April 13, 2010

60GB Model / Jasper question

Has Microsoft released any info as to when the 60GB or Jasper chip set in general will be hitting stores? My 2 year old 360 just died, and no not RROD it was the disc drive so no warranty coverage on it anymore. I don't feel like getting a Falcon and having the Jasper come out right after so I'm trying to hold out for that before I replace my dead one.60GB Model / Jasper question
[QUOTE=''Ket87'']Has Microsoft released any info as to when the 60GB or Jasper chip set in general will be hitting stores? My 2 year old 360 just died, and no not RROD it was the disc drive so no warranty coverage on it anymore. I don't feel like getting a Falcon and having the Jasper come out right after so I'm trying to hold out for that before I replace my dead one.[/QUOTE]I'm in the same situation as you. 60GB Model / Jasper question
well the 60GB is already out, has been for a month or two. As for the jasper no one really knows but I saw someone post yesterday that it could be 6 months before you start seeing them in stores. Keep in mind once they release them they have to clear through the exsisting stock first before the jaspers will go out.
Damn 6 months that sucks. I didn't think the 60's were out yet sicne I havn't seen anyone talking about them then I seen it on GameStops site. Well I guess I'll just pick up an Arcade Falcon. Didn't want to but that beats waiting months.
You won't get any official info from Microsoft. They did the same with the Falcon chipset and just put them in without making big announcements about it. There have even been rumors that consoles that were manufactured after July or something already have the Jasper in it, with people claiming to have opened their 360s to get a close look.I don't plan to open mine though and you can't believe most of the things you read on the internet. I stopped to care about the chipset stuff anyway. All I know is that my XBox which I purchased this month doesn't get hot, even after running for 12 hours straight. It's mildy warm at the back where the cables are, but only after really long playing sessions. I don't live in fear that it will explode any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment