Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Thinking about a used 360

I'm thinking about getting a used 360 from GameStop since they have a deal now on their used bundles. I'm planning on purchasing the 1yr warranty offered by GameStop, but was wondering if I'll be covered for 2yrs after that by MS if I get the RROD. Never purchased a used console before, but it seems like a great deal. Any information would be very appreciated. Thinking about a used 360
Unless you are making a big saving I wouldn't recommend buying a used 360, as chances are you will be getting one of the older models.Buying a new one gets you the latest hardware, with reduced chance of failure, a standard 1yr warranty against everything, and 3yrs against RROD.By getting a used one you have to buy your first year warranty, and the 3yr RROD warranty will be from the date of manufacture on the specific console you get, NOT from the date you buy it. In some cases the 3 years will end before the 1yr warranty you buy.Thinking about a used 360
its sad that you actualy have to think about this and worrying about rrod and other 360 problems but i would say calculate how much ur saving then see if its worth it ( there is a good chance that it will break on u somewhere down the road)
[QUOTE=''Avenger1324'']Unless you are making a big saving I wouldn't recommend buying a used 360, as chances are you will be getting one of the older models.Buying a new one gets you the latest hardware, with reduced chance of failure, a standard 1yr warranty against everything, and 3yrs against RROD.By getting a used one you have to buy your first year warranty, and the 3yr RROD warranty will be from the date of manufacture on the specific console you get, NOT from the date you buy it. In some cases the 3 years will end before the 1yr warranty you buy.[/QUOTE]Actually, it is from the date you buy it. When you call up you have to provide proof of when you bought it. However, you wouldn't get this used, since the console could be refurbished by the seller, which means that Microsoft's warrenties are out the windows. Right now, just get the arcade version. You get the warrenties, and with the deal that Microsoft is giving with tne NXE and 20 GB harddrirves, you could get all of it for about the same price as a Wii.
Don't go used. There are 2 problems;1. The older model systems have a higher failure rate, therefore you are at higher risk for the rrod2. The system can be hacked and banned from Xbox live.
With the arcade can I use wireless controllers, or do I have to buy the wired controllers when I want extra?
[QUOTE=''Lebowski__basic'']With the arcade can I use wireless controllers, or do I have to buy the wired controllers when I want extra?[/QUOTE] both controllers work, I have a wireless and a wired. A new console comes wth a wireless one.
Wow, I thought you had to keep using the wired controllers with the arcade since it has the two ports in the front. good to know. how do i get the 20gb harddrive from MS?
[QUOTE=''Lebowski__basic'']Wow, I thought you had to keep using the wired controllers with the arcade since it has the two ports in the front. good to know. how do i get the 20gb harddrive from MS? [/QUOTE]http://www.xboxstorageupgrade.com/hh/web/home/hhauthentication.jsp
awesome! thanks for the link. how much of a discount is MS giving now for the arcade owners? just trying to get tangible numbers so i have an idea how much i'm going to spend.
I bought a refurbished 360 from gamestop, and I eventually got the rrod. It was still covered under the three year warranty. I would recommend it only if you get the one year warranty, because then you can just get a new one right away.
If you look you can find the HDMI 20 gb xbox for 250.00
Doesn't the RRoD 3 year warranty online apply the origional owner. I'm not 100% but I think the warranty becomes void if you buy it 2nd hand and if you get RRoD you will have to pay to have it fixed. I got RRoD on a 360 I bought on ebay and Microsoft told me the warranty only applied to the person who purchased the console despite the date of manufacture, they also seemed to know that I wasn't the origional owner before I told them.
only* (not online)
1. They're selling the HDD for 19.99 I believe.
2. The warranty covers the 360 itself since the date of purchase. That's the only thing that really matters, doesn't matter if the 360 changes owners, unless it's been cracked open or modded.

[QUOTE=''adeathnote'']If you look you can find the HDMI 20 gb xbox for 250.00[/QUOTE]is the arcade version not hdmi compatible?
[QUOTE=''Lebowski__basic''] [QUOTE=''adeathnote'']If you look you can find the HDMI 20 gb xbox for 250.00[/QUOTE] is the arcade version not hdmi compatible?[/QUOTE] It used to be, but now all 360 models come with an HDMI port.You can check the differences between the different models [url=http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/compare101.htm]HERE[/url]. Only the Elite comes with the HDMI cable, but all new models have the port.
i bought a new 360 should i have gotten a warranty or am i good
I have a used 360 for over 6 months and it hasn't broke on me yet...
Get a new Xbox 360. There much more reliable then the older ones and you get 3 years of RRoD coverage from microsoft. Also the new ones come with an HDMI port.
  • makeup skin
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment