Thursday, April 15, 2010

Spider-Man: Web of Shadows IGN Review

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/922/922192p1.html

5.5 If Anybody caresSpider-Man: Web of Shadows IGN Review
Ouch :(Who would have thought the licensed movie games would do better :?Oh well, it was always gonna be a rental for me...Now I can spend my time playing better gamesSpider-Man: Web of Shadows IGN Review
It's worse than Spider Man 3(6.0 on IGN), ouch.
Wow a 5.5? That would put it in the same league as the Incredible Hulk game that came out earlier this year. Which I played and hated due the bugs, glitching, and crashes. Spiderman and Hulk are my favorite characters but if this game is that bad then I just might pass.
Who didn't expect this? I didn't even care about the game because i knew it would be horrible or at the most mediocre.
Ughhh everything he said in the video review is all the things i hoped this would not contain. REPETITIVE GAMPLEAY why cant they come up with unique missions. Like sneakin into buildings tracking things. Maybe were you slow motions action sequences that you have to do God of War moves to so stuff i dont know DIFFERENT. Ill rent it and try it out, sux cause i really was looking for to having fun with this one.
I'm not surprised. Everything that I've seen made it look like Spider-Man 3 with a new story.
Not surprised honestly. The character animations look terrible from what I've seen! It almost looks like they just re-textured Spider-Man 3 and added aerial combat.
Pfft, that's disappointing, but it doesn't effect my opinion. I think the audience that this game truly appeals to are the true believers, like me. Fans of Spidey and the Marvel universe will like this game, as I will.
Ill think Ill wait for other reviews to come out. Im not expecting big reviews, but this is less than I was expecting for this title.
That's what I always expected.
FYI the user score on Gamespot is a 9.3, go figure? :-)
(Sighs) I just do not get it. I can not figure it out. Do the developers of these games hate comic book hereos? I mean, it is like almost every - with, I think, a couple of exceptions - developing studio that has produced a super-hero game comes together and thinks of every everything they can do to make a game great -- I believe they really think about this -- and once eveything is laid out...they make an pact not to do it
Wowwwww!I was expecting a lot better.. Will read it now.
Wow.... I had high hopes for this one. Thought it was going to be a decent superhero game, had tons of potential.
[QUOTE=''johnny41252'']FYI the user score on Gamespot is a 9.3, go figure? :-)[/QUOTE] That's most likely from diehards that just enjoy playing a game associated with their favorite character irregardless of how horrible it is. Well, I'm a realist. If a game stinks, it stinks, no matter how much I enjoy the character Spiderman, Hulk, IronMan, etc.
Ultimate Alliance 2 better deliver next year because I'm going through Marvel withdrawals. I NEED A GOOD MARVEL CHARACTER GAME TO PLAY. AND I NEED IT NOW!
Damn...One day we'll get another good spider-man game ( I really liked Spider-man 2)
Whatever, I'm still going to get the game. I need a new Spiderman game and I've played Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Ultimate Spiderman, and Ironman enough to actually get this. I guess it's all on the players perspective and opinion.
[QUOTE=''clayron''](Sighs) I just do not get it. I can not figure it out. Do the developers of these games hate comic book hereos? I mean, it is like almost every - with, I think, a couple of exceptions - developing studio that has produced a super-hero game comes together and thinks of every everything they can do to make a game great -- I believe they really think about this -- and once eveything is laid out...they make an pact not to do it[/QUOTE] The only comic book game that ever did its source material justice is The Punisher by Volition. Because it was based on the Marvel Knights series and not the movie. Hopefully now with Saints Row 2 finished, we can take another walk in Frank Castle's shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment